The Benefits of Reloading Your Own Ammo
There’s just something satisfying about taking a shot with a round of ammo you manufactured yourself!
In addition to the substantial cost savings, there’s lots of benefits to reloading your own ammo. Here’s a few for you to consider:
- Save an average of 50-60% over the cost of factory ammunition
- Ability to manufacture your own custom loads, ideal for long distance shooting
- Reloading your own expensive or hard to find calibers
- Not being at the mercy of regulated buy limits imposed by new laws
- The pure enjoyment of it!
The math of reloading your own ammo:
On average primers cost about 3.5 cents per round and a pound of powder (7000 grains) will run you about $25 to $35, that’s a tad more than 2-3 cents per round if you’re using 5 grains per load.
A 500 count box of .45 caliber 200 grain projectiles cost about $60 witch is 12 cents per round. This results in a net cost per cartridge loaded of right at 17.5 to 18.5 cents.
The Satisfaction of reloading your own ammo:
Cost isn’t the only reason for reloading your own ammo, but it sure is a one that will make the other half happier. We’ll dive into some other great reasons for reloading in future posts.